I may earn a small commission on sales made from links on this page... It enables me to keep bringing you new content!!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

DIY Febreeze




     Here is what's In It:

     1/8 Cup of fabric softener (I used Downy April Fresh)

     2 tablespoons Baking Soda

     Hot tap water

     Spray bottle (I used my empty 27 oz. Febreze bottle)


     Here is what you do:

     Using a funnel, pour fabric softener and baking soda into your spray bottle. Fill spray bottle with hot tap water and shake well. Don't forget to twist the nozzle over to the LOCK position if you're using a Febreze bottle, or you might fall on your hiney. Now go spray every fabric surface in your house and take a nap on your very comfortable and now un-stinky couch.


     Store-bought Febreze: $5.59 This is less than 20 cents a bottle

    ***Note: I have found, since posting this, that if you do not use the entire bottle, the fabric softener will separate and revert more to its original thicker state when the tap water cools and kind of gum up the sprayer and cause it to stop spraying. Rinsing well with hot water will clear the sprayer but you will have to mix a new batch to use. I even tried adding more hot water to the partial bottle of ingredients to no avail... :/ I will be looking for another solution for this problem...

     



    No comments:

    Post a Comment